The continuing saga of the Gypsy Ronaviravich, her dog Wackadoo, and her cursed bat WuWu.
Ronaviravich finished reading tarot cards, consulting her tea leaves, and casting bones trying to foretell anything in the world’s future besides millions of grade school kids sporting dirty facemasks and face shields. She advised Wackadoo to stay away from the dirty children as they have layers of germs attached directly on their mouths and noses. Wackadoo, being a dog, loves children and couldn’t care less about dirt. Wackadoo, being a dog, is immune to nearly every human child virus and germ. Wackadoo presented Ronaviravich with a challenge. Find a child wearing a face shield/mask so dirty and gross that even Wackadoo will not lick both the child’s face and the shield/mask stuck to the child’s filthy face. If Ronaviravich can find even one child anywhere on the earth so disgusting, Wackadoo will clean their cave for one week without complaint. If Rona fails, then Wackadoo gets to sleep on the bed for one month.
Rona accepted the challenge. She scoured the Earth for the world’s filthiest face shield wearing child. She found the following in every country in the world:
- Children and toddlers who threw their masks on public transportation floors, the backseats of dirty cars, the ground, the bathroom floor, the bathroom toilet, and everyplace imaginable. Their worn out parent or teacher usually placed the filthy mask back onto the child’s face. Unless the child picked up the mask first and put it back on themselves.
- Children who wore the same unwashed mask for a week or longer at a time. At home the masks were thrown wherever it was convenient for the child upon removal of the mask.
- Toddlers who are not yet potty-trained placing their hands into their dirty pullup or diaper and wiping their hand on their mask.
- Masks filled with snot and saliva from sneezing and coughing.
- Masks exchanged by friends throughout the day at school.
- Masks dripping with sweat and dirt.
- Masks stored inside of a dirty backpack or purse and then placed onto their face.
Rona didn’t give anything remotely related to this list any attention. It appears to be the norm and nothing that would give Wackadoo pause. Rona saw sick children everywhere she looked. None or few of them had covid-19 but were sick from every other viruses, germs or bacteria. She saw virtually no covid-19 spread inside of schools. She continued her quest for little Miss or Mister Filthy Mask. Finally, she found a child in a homeless encampment in an urban area. The child’s mask was required when on public streets. She only had the one and had worn it literally for months. It had been used to clean the syringe of a drug user in the next tent. It had been dropped in human feces. Thankfully, it had been rained and snowed upon at some point in time. Ronaviravich collected and presented the 6 year old girl and her mask to Wackadoo. Ronaviravich felt smug that she had met the challenge admirably. Wackadoo, immediately loved the homeless orphaned girl. After Wackadoo licked her face, she pushed her into a tub of soapy water. Wackadoo and Miss Filthy Mask intend to enjoy sleeping on Ronaviravich’s bed for a month.