If you live in an area with open outdoor things to do, there is no reason why dating needs to end during a pandemic. I would go so far as to say it’s almost an advantage if you are on a date with someone you want to pursue a relationship. All of the cliché dating spots are closed due to social distancing. All of the bars and pickup places are closed due to social distancing. What is left? An actual date where you spend time with the other person, have a conversation, learn about them and their interests, and decide if it’s a relationship that you want to pursue. People have forgotten how and why we date. Dating is not a hookup.
Here are a few ideas:
- Go hiking.
- Go fishing or boating.
- Go for a midnight walk and sit outside watching the moon and the stars.
- Pack a lunch and go have a picnic or barbecue.
- Go biking.
- Go for a scenic drive.
- Sit outside and listen to music.
- Go to an open beach.
- Go someplace like the sand dunes and drive sand buggies (or whatever is near you)
- Go sit outside of someone’s balcony and share a conversation